Investment Facilitation Advisor
- Help improve the Pacific tuna fisheries in an environment where every day presents opportunities for outside-the-box thinking!
- Excellent salary package starting at US$84,818 including COLDA and Location Allowance, plus a host of additional benefits including super, insurance, medical, education and rental allowances!
- Make the ultimate sea change and take your career to the next level!
About the Organisation
The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) is an intergovernmental organisation working to strengthen national capacity and regional solidarity so Pacific nations can manage, control, and develop their tuna fisheries now and in the future.
Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands, FFA's 17 member nations are Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
FFA was established to help countries sustainably manage the fishery resources within their 200-mile Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZs). FFA is an advisory body providing expertise, technical assistance and other support to its members who make sovereign decisions about their tuna resources and participate in regional decision making on tuna management through bodies such as the Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) and the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC).
Since 1979, FFA has facilitated regional cooperation so that all Pacific countries benefit from the sustainable use of tuna – worth over USD $3 billion a year, and important for many people’s livelihoods in the Pacific.
For more information about The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency please visit their website here.
About the Opportunity
FFA is seeking an experienced Investment Facilitation Advisor to join their team based in Honiara, in the Solomon Islands, on a full-time basis.
This exciting opportunity exists to provide investment appraisal and facilitation services to member countries including assistance to private sector SMEs.
Some of your key result areas will include:
- Appraisal of existing and planned investment projects;
- Facilitation of new investment, development assistance projects, and support to SMEs;
- Capacity development; and
- Management and administrative support.
Some of your day-to-day duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Working closely with FFA economics staff and consultants to evaluate the costs and benefits of new and existing domestic development projects;
- Providing specialist advice in investment policy development, stakeholder consultation, and support for promulgation of investment policies;
- Mentoring fisheries and other officials in appraising investment proposals, and engaging with staff from Investment Promotion Authorities; and
- Working with national authorities to agree policy guidelines on concessions used to attract domestic development so as to ensure member countries secure appropriate benefits.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you will hold tertiary qualifications in finance, economics, banking, business management, or a related field, with demonstrated experience in the analysis of commercial and economic opportunities as they relate to investment activities.
Fisheries experience will be highly regarded but is not mandatory, however you will need to have experience in the facilitation and coordination of parties at both private sector and governmental level and experience in researching, preparing and presenting submissions and papers at a national and international level.
Strong time management and organisational skills will see you effectively managing competing priorities to ensure tight deadlines are met. You will be strategically minded, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and fluency in English.
About the Benefits
If you are looking to make the ultimate sea change, to take your career to the next level, and to find out more about life on the edge of Pacific development, this is the opportunity for you!
You’ll be offered a competitive remuneration package starting at USD$84,818, commensurate with your skills and experience.
You will also have superannuation paid at 7.5% into either a nominated fund or as an additional cash supplement! FFA also reimburses all reasonable medical, dental, and optical expenses for yourself and dependants. Insurance coverage is also provided for personal accident, life, medical & repatriation.
Education for dependent children will be reimbursed at 75% of tuition fees! (Conditions apply.) If your dependent child is educated overseas, paid school travel may be available for you or your child to visit each other once a year.
Accommodation assistance is also available.
Additionally, relocation expenses will be paid, with an establishment grant paid on arrival in Honiara. Annual airfares back to country of repatriation will be provided, and a repatriation allowance of 2 weeks’ base salary on return to home-base at the end of contract. There is also a retention incentive of 21% of your base salary which will be paid on the completion of your three year contract.
You will also have access to 6 weeks of annual leave each year, giving you plenty of time to explore this stunning part of the world!
Applications close 17th June, 2019 at 5.30pm AEST.